From curriculum to teaching methods, room design and virtual spaces, read articles and watch videos from organizations around the world. View past FLoW21 presentations given by our professional educators.
How We Learn
Research, neuroscience and psychology.
- The Effort Effect – According to a Stanford psychologist, you’ll reach new heights if you learn to embrace the occasional tumble.
- The Effect of Praise on Mindset – Video from the Vook “Mind in the Making: The Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs Volume.
Space and Time
Schedules, room design and virtual spaces.
- Make Space 4 Learning – a blog focusing on learning spaces and how the can be optimized.
- Building Capacity – Head meets heart in Canada’s latest school designs. Head meets heart in Canada’s newest school designs
- Active Learning Classrooms – Lynda Fraser and students discuss the impact of room layout on collaboration and student engagement.
- Dr. Eric Mazur – Active Learning Speech – Dr. Mazur speaking to students in the Engaged Active Student Learning classroom
- Active Learning Classrooms @ the College of Biological Sciences
- A different class: how innovative design is revolutionising traditional classrooms
Teaching and Learning
Curriculum and teaching methods.
- Buck Institute for Education – Website of a large NGO on a mission to bring PBL to the world.
- A Review of Research on Project Based Learning – 46 pages long. Examines research related to “Project-Based Learning” (PBL).
- Big Picture Learning – 65 schools worldwide reimagining school. Learner centered. PBL and action oriented.
- PBL teacher community – a Google Community for teachers using project based learning.
- Developing Self Directed Learners – “ Low levels of self-direction shouldn’t be surprising—it is inherent in the traditional secondary school design.”
- How Teachers Can Make Competency-Based Education the New Normal – Efficiency vs proficiency in our classrooms.
- Innovation Academy – A Peruvian high school for grade 10 – 12 students utilizing collaborative project based learning schoolwide and achieving impressive results.